Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Birthday Story

01.22.2011

Thirty-six and half years ago, upon finding out she was pregnant with me, my mom went back to school and, while pregnant, took a chemistry class whose final was scheduled for this day (today). The instructor told my mom that he had no problem with her taking his class entering her 9th month of pregnancy as long as she promised to not go into labor during the final. She agreed because my due date wasn’t until a week later.

What she didn’t promise is that I wouldn’t come on that day at all. When she called to tell him that she wouldn’t be showing up to the final because she was in labor and asked if she could postpone taking the exam, he tossed in a joke (which I can’t remember) and let her take it at a later date. True to my nature, I hate being late and always try to arrive early.

I wonder what our child’s delivery story will be…

(It will probably somehow involve me calming Rob down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment