Monday, February 28, 2011

Growing Up Fatherless

02.28.2011

For anyone who grew up without a father, you and I understand the emotions behind these words…

Amber: “…and the other thing is, I actually can’t go to Alcatraz because I get sick on boats which, you know, is something that everybody that knows me knows. But, you know, I just forget that, it’s basically like we’re strangers, so - “

Seth: “Sweetheart, I’m just trying to --”

Amber: “Stop calling me that, I don’t even know you, you don’t know anything about me. You can’t just waltz in here after all this time and act like everything is fine and just, like, buy us a burger and, like, give me a crappy guitar and everything’s just gonna be to fine again. And you know, I guess it works, I guess it works on everybody but me. I guess I’m the only person that, you know, has a problem with it but, I’m sorry, but I can’t forget the fact that you didn’t come to my birthdays when you promised that you would, and you didn’t take me out all the times that you promised that you would, and you were not there for me when I really needed you. And so I have trouble believing that you’ve changed because I’ve heard it all before and, I’m sorry, but I look at you and I just see the same loser who let me down.”[1]


[1] From Parenthood, Episode 17, Season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment