Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

02.14.2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’ve always disliked this day. I’ve always seen it as a frivolous day for mass consumption and a day made to make many of us feel like we were inadequate in the relationship department. I certainly didn’t need an official day in the year to remind me of my inadequacies. I’ve always been of the opinion that one should appreciate one’s loved ones on a daily basis instead of saving it for one stupid day but I’ve relaxed such views over the years. Sort of.

I encourage people to make at least one affectionate gesture toward their spouse and should you have a kid, tell him/her daily that you love him/her. Don’t save it for a day like today or a birthday or some other “special” day. Life’s too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment