Monday, May 31, 2010

Once Upon A Baby...

05.30.2010

I had a strange dream last night. I’m very used to having strange dreams; strange, vivid, and super detail-oriented dreams. I sometimes retell my dreams to Rob and he can’t believe how much detail there is both in my dream and how much of it I remember. But it’s how my brain works both awake and asleep, I suppose.

Anyway, in this dream I remember being at some sort of a park and Rob was there too though I didn’t physically see him there with me, but I know he was. There were a bunch of people I was with and a little girl of about 3 or 4 was playing in something like a sandbox right in front of us. While the adults were talking, suddenly the little girl said something in response to a question that was asked that made us all laugh really hard. You know when kids will sometimes answer a question or ask something that has nothing to do with what was just said but it somehow perfectly fits anyway while, at the same time, making the situation/question/answer totally funny? Well that’s what was happening in the dream.

And I remember laughing so hard in my dream and once I caught my breath I turned to the person next to me and said, “Boy it’s been a while since I laughed that hard. I really needed that.” I mean, I laughed so hard in my dream that I actually felt my abs when I woke up this morning and I’m shocked that Rob didn’t tell me that I was laughing while asleep (which has happened to me before).

I have no idea if this dream means anything or if it’s just a manifestation of my subconscious and consciousness both aware at the same time of the issue of baby in my life. What is interesting, though, is I think I’ve dreamt of that little girl before which would be a new level of dreaming for me. I don’t think I’ve ever dreamt of the same person more than once whom I never met before.

No comments:

Post a Comment