Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Personality Unfold

05.17.2010

A sweet thing my sister said to me yesterday over dinner:

“One of the things that I look forward to the most about you having a child is meeting him/her and getting to know who he/she is as a person. It will be amazing to witness a personality unfold.”

Judging by other people’s blogs about their children, this is apparently one of the more amazing aspects of having a child. I suppose I never incorporated this sentiment in my thoughts or applied it to my own life despite having that part of nannying as one of the more enjoyable parts of the job. It really is something else to witness the world through a child's eyes and watch the child connect the dots about the world around him/her. Seeing what's important to that child and how he/she interprets things rings true of who they are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment