Monday, May 3, 2010

Recommended Articles Re: Weight, TV, and Bullying

05.03.2010

Two articles I’d like to share. One deals with children who are obese and how this increases their risk of being bullied at school.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/healthday/bulliestargetobesekids.html

The other article is about scientists finding a link between children who watch TV at the age of 2 and the (physical) problems they face at the age of 10.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/watchingtvatage2linkedtoahostofproblemsat10

Regarding the 2nd article, the only thing that comes to mind for me is that I never watched TV until I was about 7 years old because we didn’t own a TV until then (and that was only because my sister’s dad and other daughter moved in with us and they needed to learn English). I had major trouble in school by the time I was 10 but, now that I think about it, it probably had more to do with what was going on at home than not watching TV at 2. Anyway, interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment