Thursday, May 27, 2010

Teenagers

05.26.2010

How do parents deal with their children treating them like crap? You put in so much time as a parent to raise your child, to teach him/her the right thing to do, and to be a self-sustaining individual only to know that one day, that same child is going to look at you, not want anything to do with you, and not appreciate your hard work like he/she should. I speak from experience as a once teenager.

While Rob and his brother were going through their teenaged years, his parents were fond of saying, “I always wanted kids but I never asked for teenagers.”

I don’t have kids and, yet, I’m already petrified of this stage because I have such little patience for nincompoop behavior. I loved that age as a teacher…but as a parent? I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment