Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Didn't I Just Wake Up?

06.15.2010

Today was one of those days where I woke up and the next thing I know it was 3 pm. Why is it as we get older, time slips by faster than when you’re younger? It’s not fair.

It was also one of those days where I found it difficult to get motivated. I’ve been having a lot of those days and, I suspect, it mainly has to do with the fact that I’ve been eating like crap lately. You truly are what you eat and it affects your mood, your brain function, sleep patters, etc.

It’s definitely during these moments, these kinds of days and weeks, I feel like a child would be getting mixed messages from me which would, of course, mess them up. I talk about how important health is to me but I’ve completely fallen off the wagon of a consistent exercise schedule or planning my meals which is one of the key ingredients to losing weight (something that hasn’t happened for me in months).

I guess I should remind myself that though the mixed messages might be doing some damage, the larger picture is teaching the child that fluctuations in schedule occur constantly and the best that you can is the best that you can do. I try to exercise when I can…so I guess that’s a lesson in itself. I might be out of balance on some things…but I’m working on it. And that’s what a kid needs to learn: To not stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment