Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Spirit in Turmoil

06.07.2010

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the Mother Jones article I spent so much time on and part of me is so angry. I’m angry because I’m taking so much into consideration and I’m angry because I feel like I’m alone in thinking about the future generations. Our educators aren't, many parents aren't, and our politicians sure as hell aren't.

I’m also angry that I feel like I need to sacrifice having a child because our world is so overpopulated while people pop out babies sometimes by the tens, or 20s if families like the Duggar family keep it up. It angers me that I care so much and that I’m unable to find a balance. I feel that if we have a baby I am betraying everything that I stand for environmentally and, if we don’t, then I’ve given in to those who keep having babies by saying, “I’ll sacrifice on your behalf.”

And, although I want to adopt and have wanted to since I was 15, I’m learning that it’s not as easy as it seems and it can cost into the tens of thousands of dollars to do so...money we don't have.

Why…why is it so hard to want to do the right thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment