Thursday, December 23, 2010

Anticipating Santa

12.23.2010

I’m taking a pass on writing anything remotely interesting. I’ve just been cooking for the past 4 hours and I have to wake up early tomorrow. Boo!

I will say, though, that while I prepped food, I thought about all those times growing up and spending Christmas in Chicago, and how my sister and I would be taken out after dinner to go see all the different decorated houses. We were told that when we got back Santa might be there dropping off gifts so as much as I enjoyed seeing all the different homes, I couldn’t wait until it was time to head back to my grandmother’s. And, of course, every time we arrived, Santa had “just left,” and I remember the feeling of disappointment that I, yet again, wouldn’t be the only kid in my class to come back to school and report that I had, indeed, seen and met Santa. Oddly, almost 30 years later, I could still remember that feeling of anticipation…

No comments:

Post a Comment