Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pregnant Belly Photos

12.09.2010

I’m probably a Scrooge but what is this fad of pregnant women taking photos of themselves and their bellies while somewhat naked? I understand that most people consider pregnancy to be beautiful and something to be celebrated, and I can certainly appreciate the art of the photos separate from the subject matter but I don’t know. I just find it a tad bit creepy. There was one photo I saw once where a ribbon was tied around a very pregnant and protruding belly. I raised an eyebrow unsure of what to make of this Dali-esque image in front of me. And hey, Dali’s one of my favorite artists.

I’m not saying a pregnant woman should hide. Hell, I’m learning that pregnant women can keep a sense of fashion. And that’s awesome. But I just don’t want to see flaunting bellies. I don’t find that cute.

I mean, if someone like me were to take a photo like that, I would have jelly rolls hanging off the side of my body AND a big, fat belly. That’s gross. So when I see mainly skinny women taking these photos (and most of them look amazing, beautiful, and still bloody skinny), it makes me relive my insecure teens all over again. Can’t we find other ways to celebrate pregnancy, like with clothes on?

No comments:

Post a Comment