Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not in the Baby Club

10.09.2010

I really wish people would stop with their condescending attitude toward me when it comes to kids. Obviously, I don’t have them and, obviously, there are things that I won’t understand. But I’ve been a full-time and/or part-time teacher for 10 years, I started baby-sitting when I was twelve, and I’ve had a job as a nanny. I think that should count for something when it comes to knowing a thing or two about kids. So stop with the patronizing pat on the shoulder and the arrogant smirk. I’m not part of the “club” and when and if I am, trust me, I won’t want to sit next to someone so superior to me at lunch because I’ll be the one in the sandbox building sand castles or playing a pirate dodging in and out of the toy jungle. Like I’ve always done.

No comments:

Post a Comment