Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thoughts

10.26.2010

The little girl whose father I tutor now recognizes me and knows me by name (she is almost 2-years old). And when she sees me and yells out “Hi, Vejune” in Lithuanian it really warms my heart. Little kids’ high-pitched voices are always so sweet and their smiles and joy so genuine. I understand the desire to want to put that memory in a bottle and carry it around as a reminder of how sweet life can be when standing in front of a wall of frustration, anger and/or pain. I realized long ago that I want to keep some of that innocence in my heart, to not let the apathy of the world get in the way. It’s not always easy to keep that goal I mind and I wonder if it’ll change at all should we have a kid. Meaning, would the usual worry that I carry trump any shred of innocence I vowed to keep in my heart or would the child bring it out even more?

No comments:

Post a Comment