Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Than Just Pumpkin Carving

10.24.2010

I want to carve a pumpkin for Halloween but it’s not the same doing it alone. Rob’s not into it and it’s not one of those things I want to “force” him to do. My sister and I carved pumpkins when she was briefly living with us two years ago but that was the first and last time I did that in the last 10 years, I think.

It’s one of those things you do as a family. At least, that’s how it was while I was growing up and I know that if we had kids, I would be totally all about carving one with them. I think I’m becoming one of those people who dislikes the holidays because it reminds you how lonely it can be. I know what could change all that but I don’t know if having a kid so that I don’t feel sad during the holidays makes a good enough “excuse” to have one. Thanksgiving and Christmas should be really interesting…

2 comments: