Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Sonogram of Hope

10.13.2010

I recently saw a sonogram and I don’t know if it’s because it belonged to someone close to me or not but I was overwhelmed with emotion. The newness and promise that comes with a baby is so strong, and I wish that at least a fraction of that remained with us throughout our lives. We get so jaded by the time we’re adults and it becomes more challenging with each year to try and see situations from a fresh perspective or from the perspective of hope. So much emphasis on these emotions is associated with having a baby that I wish we’d spread them a little more throughout our lives instead of just with the coming of a baby. It’s up to us as individuals to remember that having hope, like a smile, is contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment