Friday, October 1, 2010

Waterpik's SinuSense Products

10.01.2010

I attended an event today put together by Waterpik who were marketing their new products called SinuSense ™. These products are used for clearing the sinuses to help manage allergies or just to help maintain sinus health. The discussion was particularly angled at moms with kids who had allergies.

I am always for anything that focuses on preventative measures to keep one healthy or for what tries alternatively to keep you in or get you back to health. A few months ago I was sick and one of the recommended treatments for my mild sinus infection was using a nasal cleaner that could be found in the baby section. This particular item became the first baby product I ever bought for the house. I’m so proud, can’t you tell?

Anyway, here are the four items presented to us:

1. Water Pulsator (for ages 6 and up; battery operated) - $39.99

The benefit to this is that it's battery operated (so boys will love it) and the water flow is controlled by the push of a button. Also, you don't have to tilt your head to the side like you do with others.

2. Squeeze Bottle (For ages 4 and up) - $14.99

You don't have to tilt your head with this one either and you control the flow of the water by squeezing the bottle.

3. Neti Pot (For ages 4 and up) - $14.99

You have to tilt your head with this one and the water flows by gravity. There's a little hole that you close with your finger and when you release your finger, the water flows.

4. Neti Bottle (For ages 4 and up) - $14.99 [and my favorite pick]

This is used the same way as the Neti Pot only it doesn't have a handle for you to hold so, to some, grasping it is a bit easier. But the idea is the same; gravity pulls the water once your finger releases the hole.

Nationally, Walgreens and Walmart sell them and, locally, most likely, the big chain stores like Vons or Ralph’s would have them. But you can, obviously, purchase these off of Waterpik’s website at www.waterpiksinusense.com.

By the way, you can share the actual bottle with (a) family member(s) by purchasing separate nozzles.

I highly recommend investing in one of these because sinus irritation is common and is so easily preventable. I plan to get in the habit of cleaning my own after brushing my teeth so that it becomes part of my general maintenance routine. Once that’s established, if we ever have a kiddo then they’ll watch and learn, as I’m sure we’re all well aware of how important it is to start teaching healthy habits early.

No comments:

Post a Comment