Thursday, April 29, 2010

Death Doesn't Operate on Convenience

04.29.2010

I found out some horrible news this morning that my friends, Tracy and Jessica, who I wrote about at the beginning of my blog, lost their baby last week. This has absolutely devastated me…

I can’t begin to explain how thrilled I was for them when I found out Tracy was pregnant. I was honestly overjoyed and knowing the challenges that they already faced just to get to that point in their journey and what was ahead of them, I positioned myself on their sidelines with pom-poms silently cheering every step of the way. Knowing them, spending time with them, and talking to them made it so refreshing to see and hear two adults who thought it through, who made the decision to have a child in their lives not as a result of filling some void or because it was the next thing on their checklist but because they knew it was the right time to expand their family. It seems so unfair that these two should have this taken away from them so cruelly when people have babies without putting an ounce of thought into it or make the decision to have a baby for all the wrong reasons. It’s just so unfair.

I feel my friends’ pain and I grieve for them and for the soul that was lost…I am so sorry...

1 comment: