Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Elmo Pee Pee"

07.26.2010

I told Rob today a funny little anecdote that happened last week with this little 1 ½ year old whose father I tutor in Lithuanian. We were done with our lesson and I was using their bathroom when, on the other side of the door, I could hear their little cutey-pie saying “pee-pee” over and over.

I chuckled to myself because I was convinced that she had heard me and was announcing to the world what exactly I was doing. But when I opened the door and she took one look at me and, holding tightly onto her Elmo doll, she pointed to the bathroom and said, “Uh-oh, pee-pee, pee-pee.” Judging by the look of sheer worry on her face, I realized that she had had an accident.

I called over her parents and when they came, her father kept reassuring her that everything was ok and her mom asked, “You wanted have a pee pee with Vejune?” She responded with “Elmo pee pee.” It was the funniest thing I’d heard in a while. Her concern for getting into trouble caused her try to pass off the pee-pee accident on Elmo! These are the moments that I love kids and love their reasoning. It’s all so honest…even if they do try to pass things off.

So now Rob and I have this inside joke. If we're out and about and one of us has to use the restroom instead of saying just that, we turn into an 2-year-old and say "Elmo pee pee." It's the funniest and dorkiest thing we've done yet. And we don't even have kids...boy I feel sorry for any children we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment