Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Tic Toc of Uncle Ben

07.24.2010

Today we went to a wedding and it got me thinking about how life just keeps moving forward and how in the blink of an eye we’ve created so many memories without realizing it. This year, Rob and I celebrate being together for 9 years. I wish time didn’t go so fast. I’m finally comfortable in my own skin and it seems like each year whizzes by faster and I’m unable to catch up. I know time is relative and I’m not in some race to win, but when it comes to the issue of expanding our family, there’s a part of me that wishes I were where I was 4 years ago. Where that pressure to make a decision wasn’t so pronounced. I’d like to be comfortable in my own skin for a while longer before deciding to bring a child into this world when I may feel like I've lost myself again. At least until the child gets older...

No comments:

Post a Comment