Saturday, July 3, 2010

SWAGGER WAGON (Toyota): Parenthood in a Rap

07.02.2010

The following video is really hilarious. It’s amazing how a rap can make a car look cool. Even I, the one who swore off mini vans while still a teenager, found myself considering getting one one day if we have a family. Ha! (But I wouldn't.)

One thing I have to say, though, is that I feel like my generation (Gen X) is taking parenthood to a whole new level. I was telling Rob that I feel like so many of us don’t want to grow up so even though we (the generation) are having kids, it seems that we’re seeking out ways to stay truer to ourselves than perhaps our parents’ generation. Everything in the previous generation(s) was kept under wraps; you'd never hear a song (that I know of) about parenting or parenthood, its challenges or even good times. I don’t know how much validity there is to that thought, but at least on the surface, that’s what it seems like to me. And if that’s the case, then that’s encouraging.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment