Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wondering About My Future Hindsight

07.03.2010

I sometimes wonder about how I’ll one day look back on what I’ve written and what will I consider to be utter bullshit and/or what I will consider insightful (if anything). I also wonder what I’ll find to be pretentious on my part and, if anything, what I’ll find interesting that I thought about. Hindsight is always 20/20 an I feel that this experiment that I’m conducing is like the letter I wrote to myself one year at the beginning of the school year in grade school and then, at the end of the school year, I opened my letter and was surprised by what was important to me and what did or didn’t happen with my expectations for the year. That’s such a useful exercise, I think. If you have never done it, I highly recommend doing so. I did it with my 8th graders my first year teaching and it was wonderful to watch their faces at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment