Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Give and Take

07.06.2010

Today was such a great day of creativity for me. I met with an actress friend who’s going to collaborate on a project with me and it was encouraging to see genuine excitement on her face when discussing it. We’ve been trying to get together to talk about this opportunity for a while but for various reasons it’s been difficult to follow through. She called me up at the last minute yesterday afternoon and, surprisingly, we were both free.

Afterwards, I went to my new writers group meeting and was energized there, as well. Coming home after that meeting, I thought about how I was able to meet my friend in the afternoon and go to the writers meeting without having to worry about who would watch a little one. I was so grateful that I didn’t have to go through that. My meeting with my friend would’ve been postponed even longer. I don’t necessarily have spontaneous meetings and, as a matter of fact, it’s quite rare that I happen to have an afternoon free to have a meeting like that. But I have to admit that it was nice to have it.

I’m sure I would’ve found someone to watch the little one so that I could go to the evening meeting – especially since I’ve known about it for weeks but it’s still nice to not have to worry about that.

It’s all a give and take, right? You have to let go of one thing to have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment