Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pets

07.11.2010

I’ve always had animals in my life; from the day I was born through today. I can’t imagine my life without animals and I feel badly for people who don’t care to understand. Especially since science has discovered that those with animals live longer.

I also wish that our society cared more for animals. There’s a woman who runs a bunny rescue at which I’ve started to volunteer and the stories I hear about the rescue business is atrocious. She primarily deals with animals from Santee Alley in downtown LA which is where all the illegal sales of animals occurs. It’s illegal because the animals sold are either on the black market or the animals are just babies, many having been born within days and should not be taken away from their mothers.

If you are thinking of including an animal in your life, consider a bunny. I’ve had rabbits almost my whole life and they make amazing pets. You can potty train them like cats and they’re not expensive to keep. Rabbits also have great personalities and because they’re not totally high maintenance, they’re a good way to get a child to learn responsibility.

I’m including the link to the foundation where I volunteer and if you were to choose to adopt a bunny, please say that you got the information off of my blog. Thank you! (www.bunnyworldfoundation.org)








No comments:

Post a Comment