Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seeking Baby Shower Gift Help

09.14.2010

OK, mommies…I need some help. I was invited to a baby shower and I, unfortunately, can’t go but I want to get the mommy-to-be something anyway. She is, of course, registered at various places but I'd like to find out from you moms out there what were some items that you really wished you had for the 1st year of baby’s life that you didn’t have because you didn't think to register for them or any items that you found you needed more of (besides diapers).

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. The Boppy pillow is pretty great. Don't know if she registered for it ("My Breast Friend" is also the competing brand, but I don't know about that one, never tried it), but you could also get her another cover for it. Also, if she happens to be using cloth diapers, getting even more diapers and inserts than she asked for is never a bad thing.

    There are also these little squares of waterproof fabric called "lap pads" (Carters makes them, among other brands) that you put down on the changing pad under the baby, so if it gets dirty, you don't have the wash the whole changing pad, just the lap pad. Very useful.

    Maybe also extra bottles? You can't ever have too many, IMHO.

    What not to get? Blankets and size newborn clothes. It's what everyone gets and she'll have tons. If you go for size 6 months and up, the baby can grow into it.

    I always could have used more baby wash. The kind we used was Burt's Bees (BPA free and no petroleum products). Smells so yummy!

    Oh and if it's a baby girl, the little tiny socks called Trumpettes are sooooo cute, they have designs to look like shoes. I loved those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great advice! i love the "lap pads" idea. thanks!

    ReplyDelete