Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finding Inspiration on SNL

09.28.2010

I finally sat down to watch the season opener of Saturday Night Live and wasn’t surprised that it was one of their better episodes because Amy Poehler was hosting. She just had her second child about 7 weeks ago and looks great. As a result of her hosting the show, some of the “oldie but goodies” from the past came back including Tina Fey and Maya Rudolph. Boy, I miss those women. All of them are powerhouses, in my book, and have become successful comediennes as well as mothers in the past 5 years or so and they give me such inspiration. Not that I seek to be a comedienne; that’d be like me trying to make it as a singer. But they followed their passion, became successful, and are moms with family and partner/spouse obligations figuring it out as they go. I’m sure that there’s some drama behind-the-scenes and that they have days when they feel overwhelmed. But, they give me hope that women can strive to have balance between a career and family. There’s still a big chunk of me that fails to believe in that possibility 100% without something giving, but looking at these women gives me pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment