Sunday, September 26, 2010

Your Shoe Too Can Teach

09.26.2010

Today’s project went by well and, again, happy that I didn’t have to worry about getting someone to watch a child though I’m trying to remind myself that we have Rob’s parents available. I guess in answer to my question from yesterday is that I can’t imagine not asking for and getting help. Would that be a correct assessment? If something is important to you, you’ll find a way to get it done, child or no child.

To change the subject consciously now, after I was done with my project this afternoon, I went over to my in-laws and heard a great story. There a woman with whom my mother-in-law works who has two little girls both under the age of 7, I believe. The elder one is apparently quite a pistol and will occasionally get into trouble especially with mouthing-off.

Well, she mouthed off a little too much to her parents and they disciplined her in a way that I think is awesome. The little girl, who’s about 6, loves shoes. So what they did was take away all her pairs of shoes except for some ugly tennis shoes. In order for her to get her shoes back, she has to work for them. So far, she got 2 pairs back.

I clapped when I heard this story! Parents disciplining their children? Hooray! And what a creative way of doing so at that. I definitely made a mental note of that in case we were to ever have a daughter and she loved shoes as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment