Thursday, November 18, 2010

Imagining Pregnancy

11.18.2010

I met up with an old and good friend last night who’s about 4 months pregnant and one of the most comforting things she could’ve told me was that it’s still hard for her to believe that she’s pregnant. I don’t know why I took such solace in that bit of information but I did. I tried to imagine myself pregnant and couldn’t. In fact, I think if I am ever pregnant I wouldn’t believe it, even with sonograms. I probably wouldn’t believe it until labor when, then, I’d be like, “Holy shit! Are you serious?!” Then, I’d probably recognize that there is a baby inside of me. I tend to compartmentalize my emotions very easily so I can see myself for 9 months acting cool toward the whole thing only to emotionally climax and have a meltdown during labor.

Yeah.

I’d be a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment