Saturday, November 13, 2010

Maternity Clothes Exist for a Reason

11.13.2010

I was walking out of the market the other day and walking in was a very pregnant woman wearing extremely tight yoga-like pants and a tank top that was probably two sizes too small for her. I was grossed out and I don’t know exactly if this was because of her protruding stomach or at her choice of wardrobe that accentuated her protruding stomach. I’m certainly no fashion expert, but I would think that there’s a respectable way to dress. And something tells me that the woman wasn’t coming from yoga or, maybe, let’s say she was, I still don’t think she should’ve worn clothes that looked like they would be too small for her without being pregnant. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. I think women should dress age-appropriate, body-appropriate and certainly pregnancy-appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment