Thursday, November 25, 2010

Remembering to Thank

11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families! I hope we take inventory of all the little (and large) ways we’re blessed and remember to keep things in perspective.

To those of you with children, cherish them and thank them often for bringing all the joy that they do into your lives.

To those of you without children and not by choice, be thankful you have a partner who shares your struggle and on whom you can lean. I hope you get your wish but if not, remember there are many children in need of love and care.

To those of you without children and it’s so by choice, I’m sure you’re thankful for many things and I hope you express the thanks often and find other ways to share the love in your heart.

To anyone without kids but like I, who is on the fence, I hope you’re thankful for this retrospective journey. If you’re anything like me, I’m thankful for being given the time to weigh the options, to see different perspectives, and to be given whatever time I need to think. I’m thankful because, if I have a kid, I feel this journey will help me be a better parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment