Friday, November 12, 2010

Children of a Loveless Marriage, Amendment

11.12.2010

I wanted to clarify something in regards to yesterday’s post. I never advocate divorce as the first and most immediate option. I believe that in this day in age people are too eager to get a divorce. At the sight of the slightest hiccup, I find that one partner, or sometimes both, immediately split up. Though this might be a bit easier to deal with if there are no kids, I don’t think it should be a flippant decision. A couple owes it to themselves and to each other to fight for their marriage and, once kids come into the picture, they owe it to their kids. The first step, of course, is admitting there’s a problem and, I think, this is where most people get stuck. But once that understanding occurs, go to therapy, go to your priest/pastor or whatever or to whomever you feel you need to go to in order to save the marriage. Once all avenues have been exhausted and one or both person(s) still feel(s) unhappy, then part ways because, as I said yesterday, pretending does nothing for no one. Especially the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment