Sunday, November 7, 2010

It Still Creeps In

11.07.2010

Today, I have nothing interesting to say. I was at home for the entire day working on a creative project that entailed me to turn our living room and kitchen upside down. I must say that I have the world’s most understanding husband. As he left this morning, I apologized for the mess and he replied lovingly, “That’s OK. Such is my bohemian life.” This made me love him all the more because, as I state in my “About Me” profile, there is never a dull moment with me, with the next whirlwind adventure always hovering around the corner.

But, to all this to kids… I’m exhausted. I’ve had about 8 hours of sleep since Friday and the entirety of what was last week kept me scrambling to catch up with time, which I failed to do. I have a number of projects going on at the same time and, though I’m not complaining, I can’t help but wonder if I’ll be able to be half as busy with the kinds of things I love to do were we to have a kid. Everything is a give and take, yes, sure, and I know I’ve explored that. But I’m so scared that a child will take away opportunities for me to do the kinds of projects like what I did today. It’s that fear creeping in all over again…

No comments:

Post a Comment