Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Magic, All The Time?

11.01.2010

I’ve been feeling inadequate lately and the main culprit for this is that I’ve been doing a lot of comparing of my life with others. I hate when I do this because it offers nothing good but, alas, I fell down that rabbit hole and now I’m dealing with it. (Or not.)

It seems like those with kids have all the answers to life. They’re always happy and life is lived for their kids, through their kids, and by their kids. This really makes me feel like a horrible individual that in order for one to be happy and content, one must have kids. We mainly hear stories of the fantastic, funny, imaginative, etc things that kids do and how all those things accumulated make a parent’s life so much richer. I, personally, would like to hear more stories of parents juggling life, their relationship with each other, work and time alone successfully. As magical as having a kid may be, I’m not so sure that it’s necessarily all magic all the time. But hell, maybe I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment