Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Schedule Leaves No Room

11.21.2010

(I ended on a bit of a sour note the last time I wrote and I, of course, don’t believe that just naturally skinny people should be allowed to have kids. I had a weak moment…)

Obviously I skipped a day and as much as I tried to sit down and write last night, I just didn’t have the time. I had a 17-hour day yesterday and by 11 pm, I just didn’t have it in me. When it comes to planning a family, such a schedule concerns me, which I know I’ve mentioned before. Unfortunately, I’m happiest when I work on creative projects but the kind of projects I do require an intense amount of preparation, focus, and dedication. It really leaves very little room for children. At least in this stage in the game because we don’t have the money to hire a full-time assistant either for me or for a child and so I’m wearing all the hats in order to make the projects move forward. I can’t imagine tacking on mother to my list. If being a mother is a full-time job in itself, I ask the same question I keep asking, how does one have the time to do anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment